It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Final Countdown....

Do you have that song stuck in your head yet? Sorry about that...

Well Thursday is the big day. My BLT will be here Thursday evening for five whole days. Sadly it's the longest block of time we've had all alone. I'm so looking forward to it.

I'll also be introducing my BLT to the kids for the first time. We've been seeing each other since last summer, and I'm not going to let the fact that the divorce papers aren't signed yet keep me from moving forward with my life.

I love him, he loves me, he knows I'm a package deal - hell if I were fast food I would be the super sized, jumbo lunch! I mean four kids and two dogs is quite the family to jump into the middle of.

He's not looking to be anyone's daddy. His parents were divorced, and he had an excellent example in his stepmother. When his dad and stepmom got together he suddenly got three siblings, and he's fully aware of the ups and downs headed his way if we decide to stay together.

But right now, he's a big part of my life. I want my children to know who I'm with when I they visit their auties or grandparents and I go away for the weekend. I don't want them to feel like I'm ashamed or keeping secrets - because I'm not.

Final countdown until BLT gets here is 5 days. I need to get my house in order, clean out my car (because the odor of sweaty kid's socks and french fries is not sexy and I want to spare him that when I pick him up from the airport!) Wash all my bedding, pick out what I'll wear to pick him up in, get the yard tidied up and all the toys under control, bikini wax, pedicure, give the dogs a bath, wash the slip-covers on the furniture, hit the market for something yummy to cook him for dinners, pack up the kids stuff and make sure they're ready to go to their aunties for the majority of the time he's in town, and order tickets to the comedy club we want to go to.

So far I have managed to book a hotel downtown for us for two of those nights so he can see the city and we don't have a 2 hour drive back to my place. I've also searched high and low and managed to find his favorite beer, and it's chilling in my fridge. I'm such a nice girlfriend huh? :)

Whew... wish me luck! I figure if I'm busy I won't have time to be too nervous. Not sure I'm right, but hey, it's a theory I can work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment