It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Friday, March 5, 2010

Things to be thankful for

I'm going to try and be more aware of the simple gifts in my life. I'm going to make an effort to recognize the blessings. I think I'll get a small notebook and keep it in my purse, that way when I notice something, or I become aware of something that makes me happy or brings a smile to my face I can write it down right away.

I don't know why it's so easy to remember the bad stuff, to focus on the negative, and to let the ugly side of life intrude on my happiness. Why isn't it easier to focus on the positive, to find beauty and joy in simple things? Why don't I remember the kindness of strangers, but I can't forget the pain caused by a cruel words.

The things that made me happy today: Sunshine, Flowers blooming in the yard, A beautiful view, The smell of clean laundry, A funny email from a friend, Jogging without pain in my foot, Fresh baked cookies, Record sales at work, A small tax refund, A good meatball sub, A hug from a five year old, And last but not least... my first day off in 12 days!

When you read it, it's a very nice list of things to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment