It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Thursday, November 25, 2010

Home with my Turkeys

We are hosting Thanksgiving dinner today at my house. I have all my most beloved with me; My kids, My Parents, BLT and Ethel.

I need nothing more than this.

I barely remember the holidays last year. Several months after the incident are just a blur. All I could do was get up, go to work, come home, eat, and pass out. I hid in sleep. I blocked out everything I just couldn't deal with. I was in and out of court, injured, unsure where we were going to live or how I was going to take care of four kids all alone. All I could do was survive and try to avoid making any major decisions.

This year I'm HERE, I'm present. I'm thankful and aware of my blessings.

I hope all of my loved ones, and friends - old and new - have a blessed holiday. I hope you're surrounded by those you love in the comfort of a warm home. And most of all I wish you all PIE... yummy, warm, ooey-gooey pie that makes your eyes roll back in your head it's so tasty!

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment