It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Monday, August 22, 2011

Wanting

I'm not one to spend a lot of time thinking about the things I don't have.  I'm more of a "here and now" kinda girl.  That being said, I have a little wish list started of things I want for myself.  They aren't all things, some of them are experiences, or less tangible - more intrinsic type things.

I want to see NYC
I want to go on an Alaskan Cruise
I want to learn to cook authentic Italian food
I want to loose 15 lbs (hmmm... might be harder with that Italian food... lol)
I want to repair my credit and buy a house of my own
I want to see the Smithsonian
I want to take a photography class
I want to learn relaxation techniques and/or Yoga in an effort to manage my PTSD symptoms
I want to plant a vegetable garden
I want to have a hot tub

See... It's not a big list.  It's not a glamorous list.  It doesn't involve luxury vacations or fame and fortune.  It's simple things - but they are all things that feel very far away right now.  Due to time, energy, money, focus, lifestyle... so many reasons...  it just feels like all these things will be sitting on the back burner waiting for awhile.

I guess that's the good thing about dreams.  They don't have expiration dates.

4 comments:

  1. I want much of that too! My mom is leaving right now for Alaska... 11 days. *sigh* I wish I could have gone with her.

    Yoga will help you. Yes!

    ((hugs))

    I *want* to see my man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm I could've written that list but as you know it would be a lot more than 15lb ;). Lets do some of that together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ever get to NYC, swing by Rochester on your way through!

    Alaska Cruise, Smithsonian & relaxation class? we might bump into each other there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to have dreams. Just do what you can to even take tiny baby steps toward attaining them. You'll get there. :-)

    ReplyDelete