It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Divorce-a-Versary to Me!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary.... or Divorce-a-Versary if you will... from my psychotic X.  I celebrated in style with beer and Nachos at my favorite Mexican restaurant with Ethel and BLT. Not extravagant, and quick like, as it's a week night - but it was fun to toast to the future and not so fondly remember Capt. Cookaloo.

I've come a long way in a relatively short period of time, and as hard, and horrible as it's been at times I don't regret it.

I don't regret my relationship with BLT, my divorce, or the struggles the kids and I have endured because we're stronger for it. We are closer, and we are all so happy with our little blue cottage, our sleepy little town, and our family.

My only wish would be that my X would suffer a traumatic brain injury and get total amnesia, or get eaten by a Velociraptor.  But since that doesn't look like it'll happen I'll just have to fight him through legal means.  Not fun, but necessary.  I have faith that we'll all be OK in the end.... we just might need to lean on friends and cry on a few shoulders as we go.

Thank God Ethel and BLT excel at the supporting and hand holding thing...  whew... what would I do without them?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Divorce-a-versary!! May you live long and prosper!. Keep your friends close and your enemies in another freaking state.

    ReplyDelete