It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Friday, June 3, 2011

100 things about me...

A la' Bikin... at http://bikinfool.wordpress.com/  I have 100 random tidbits about Lucy...

1. I have a tattoo on my ass
2. I adore peanut butter, any kind, any way it's just the YUM
3. I have more than two middle names, and ya... my hippy parents are to blame.
4. I have two idiot dogs.  My children love them, and even though I pretend to be disgusted I kinda dig the little retards too.
5. I am addicted to lip gloss
6. I am always cold, and usually wear two - three layers.  Yes even in June.
7. I got caught shoplifting in Jr. High and had to do 20 hours community service.  This girl learned her lesson!
8. I can type over 60 words per minute
9. I've been told I have a-typical movie taste for a girl.  LOVE action movies... LOVE them.  Have little patience for romance movies, especially the sappy ones, but I do dig a goofy chick flick on occasion with Ethel.  I prefer someone to die, or the world to be in jeopardy of a nuclear attack.  If someone can die while saving the world from a nuclear attack even better!
10. For six years I was totally addicted to World of Warcraft.  I left cold turkey and I'll never get sucked into an MMORPG again.  I prefer interacting with real people face to face.
11. I detest brussle sprouts.
12. My favorite scented lotion/bubble bath is something tropical or citrus scented
13. I like to suck on lemons and limes.
14. I am allergic to seafood
15. My toe nails are always painted a dark burgundy red
16. I only wear one piece of jewelry every day. It's a Cladaugh ring given to me by Ethel.
17. My very favorite books of all time are Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card or Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.  Both copies are old, dog eared, and WELL used. 
18. I was raised as a Catholic and go to confession once a year or so... it usually takes me about 45 minutes in there.
19.  Once I talked out loud to a cardboard cut out of Twinkie the Kid in a mini mart just to embarrass Ethel.  Watching her blush is fun.
20.  My favorite beer is Blue Moon
21. I like to cross stitch, sew, paint, and do paper crafts like card making.
22. I have one younger brother
23. I've never met my biological father.
24. If I could visit any place in the US I would like to go to NYC in winter so that I could ice skate at Rockafeller center and see the big Christmas tree.
25. I collect vintage cameras
26. I have no idea where my vibrator disappeared to.  Disconcerting...  and odd....  It's not in the little satin box it usually resides in.  This is so weird...
27. I adore pizza.  Just about any way you make it I loves it but it must have olives!
28. I am afraid of heights and elevators make me nervous.
29. I would consider having a baby with BLT if I could be guaranteed a boy.  Since you can't guarantee that I'll pass!
30. I love painting walls and furniture. Sometimes I'll just get a wild hair up my butt and decide to repaint something.
31. I think eggplant should be outlawed
32. I'm a terrible speller... really horrible to be honest.
33. I'm a list maker
34. I really dig the office supply store. 
35. I have managed to flirt my way to a free first class upgrade on an airplane three times in the past couple years.
36. I have been converted and am now a total iPhone snob.  I love my phone!
37. I firmly believe that nobody over the age of 9 should wear velcro shoes.  Until you get to about 70... then do whatever the hell you want I won't say a word!
38. I've never spent more than 10.00 for a pair of sunglasses.  I do not get the point of designer glasses. I'm just going to lose or break them.  I go through three to four pairs every year.
39. I've never been skiing, snowboarding, surfing, or water skiing. 
40. I am an excellent swimmer
41. My new running shoes are black, grey, and hot pink
42. Once I worked in the mall wearing a fuzzy Hello Kitty costume and passing out balloons. Damn it was hot in there.  It smelled horrible too.
43. I believe prostitution should be legal, heavily taxed, and regulated. 
44. I was born at 3:33 am
45. I am the most impatient person I know. I really struggle with this a lot.
46. I don't think there is anything cuter in the world than baby feet.
47. Strawberry shortcake should always be served on a warm scone or a biscuit.  Angel food cake is gross and soggy.
48. I refuse to drink powdered lemonade.
49. I hate to exercise and do it because it's good for me.  I'm never once felt those mythical endorphins I've heard so much about.
50. I can't decide if I am a liberal with conservative tendencies or a conservative with liberal tendencies
51. I had a pet ferret for one week
52. I had a pet turtle for one year
53. More than anything in the world I hate people who whine and play the victim role. 
54. My all time favorite movie is the Princess Bride.
55. The next song on my iPod list is Hot Blooded by Foreigner
56. There is always room for ice cream
57. I detest pumpkin pie.  It's not the flavor, it's the texture.  I don't anything slimy.
58. I went to survival camp in fifth grade and learned to make a shelter, scavenge food, make a fire, and find water.
59. My bedspread is white with black flowers and my sheets are dark red.
60. I have a small, heart shaped, dark mole on my right shoulder blade
61. I would rather have someone tell me a hard truth than a kind lie.
62. I hate to wear socks
63. The cover on my phone is dark metallic blue... I dig it....
64. My favorite flowers are Shasta daisies
65. My favorite holiday is Halloween
66. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano
67. I do not understand the stock market at all. 
68. I have persistent insomnia
69. I really like black and white photography
70. I like tea hot or iced, but will only drink coffee hot.
71. I speak a fair amount of French.
72. The idea of keeping any kind of bird in a cage inside your house creeps me out. 
73. My first car was a 1971 Ford LTD... silver with a baby blue cloth top and baby blue faux leather interior.  LOL, it was a giant, silver boat.
74. I was 18 before I bothered to get my driver's license. Ethel drove me everywhere I needed to go!
75. I have a cleft/dimple in my chin
76. The very first boy I ever had a crush on was named Jeremy Fischer.  He was 5 inches shorter than me... but he was one dreamy 4th grade hunk of burnin' love!
77. I live in flip flops from July to September-ish
78. My favorite color is red
79. I went through six years of allergy shots, once per week.  It sucked, but it was effective.
80. I really like to wear hats
81. I have a collection of vintage hat boxes that I'm very fond of.
82. I have a terrible habit of never checking the messages on my answering machine.
83. I have a sinking suspicion that I have adult ADD. 
84. I can count to ten in Japanese.
85. I don't understand the appeal of comic books at all, but I let BLT show me what he's into and we go to all the super hero type movies.  Maybe some day I'll "get it" but until then he enjoys it so I play along.
86. I freaking LOVE to have the sensitive inside of my elbows or the back of my knees kissed.  Weird I know but dang that turns me on!!
87. Shhh... don't tell, but I already have to dye my hair to cover the pesky greys here and there.  I just color it the same dark chocolate brown / nearly black that my natural color is so nobody knows!
88. I prefer hand made, or vintage / thrifted gifts to any other kind. 
89. I wish I had the patience to sew a quilt, but I just don't. 
90. Some day I want to live in a house on a lake
91. I work for my family's company and I really do love it.  I work hard, but it's rewarding to see that your hard work is directly proportional to the companies success. 
92. I think cigarette smoking is pretty much the most disgusting habit ever. I would rather see someone pick their nose and eat it than light up. 
93. I have a special, deep, almost ridiculous loathing of those ugly rubber Croc shoes. 
94. I had a dream the other night that I picked up a really ugly, mangy, flea bag of a dog.  It only had one eye, and it was just the ugliest thing you've ever seen.  I named it after my X... I'm pretty sure I should discuss this with my therapist...  I have issues....
95. I refuse to eat Oreos or anything Oreo flavored.  Yuck.... that greasy cream center stuff makes me gag.
96. Bacon, Potatoes, Apple Vodka, and Klondike Bars are all proof that God loves us.  This is also why I have to exercise...  *grumble*
97. I would love to go on a cruise some day.
98. I make delicious apple cinnamon pancakes (according to my kids)
99.  I own not one, but two fondue pots
100. BLT might actually be wearing me down in regards to the whole marriage thing.  He keeps talking about it, and dang it if I don't love that man.  We'll see...  never say never is what Ethel keeps telling me. 

3 comments:

  1. I <3 this post. It is my favoritist.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. #24 - if you ever get to NYC you better let me know. It's only a 6 hour drive. We can race.

    #37 - I have velcro biking shoes. I am NOT 70 yet.

    Hate to wear socks/always cold. Hmmm, related?

    With you on the Crocs.

    Love these lists. Neat insights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 45. I struggle with your impatience also ;).

    69. *giggle* ahem, ok, I'm an adult again. I love it too. *giggle* Black & white photography of course.

    88. Wohoo, you know it. I have so much fun picking out thrifty gifts for you.

    93. I confess, sometimes I want to buy a pair just to wear when I'm with you.

    100. I may win that bet yet....

    94. That's just mean. To the dog!

    97. Oh lets do!

    It cracks me up how many things we have in common and then I'm thankful for the things we don't...balance :).

    ReplyDelete