It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Wise Man Once Told Me...

A very wise man recently told me that "No" is a complete sentence.

I'm going to remember that.  I'm going to practice saying it.

I'm going to give myself permission to NOT elaborate, explain, defend, or feel guilty for the use of this very important sentence. Especially when dealing with my former in-laws.  MOST especially when I'm responding to my ex husband through my lawyer.

It's kind of scary... but I think I can do it!

4 comments:

  1. That's a hard one for me. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. It's only hard the first time or three. After a while you get used to not needing to qualify your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time saying no. We've been so programmed to believe that we need to provide some kind of an elaborate explanation or excuse...but really, "no" is all that's needed!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I found your blog because I love this post! I'm so guilty of saying "yes," trying to make everyone happy.

    ReplyDelete