It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trying not to get my hopes up...

A couple nights ago BLT and I had another one of our long talks. We came to the conclusion that it would likely be about six months before he could move up here. Having to wait for a transfer, and since he's loosing his rental he'll have to sign a lease on an apt. most likely that is a minimum of six months.

Neither one of us was thrilled with the idea, but we agreed that our relationship is worth the wait to be together more permanently, and we would just struggle through it.

Then today...

BLT went in to talk to his manager. He asked for a few minutes of his time early in the day. His manager got busy and couldn't talk to him until right before BLT was ready to leave for the day.

He explained about me being up here and asked what it would take for a transfer... his boss said; "man we've been waiting for this, lol, we saw your girl at the Christmas party!" hehe... he tossed that little ego boost in there just for me I'm sure, silly man.

Anyway the short version is that all BLT has to do is let him know what stores he's interested in (which he will do on Wednesday when he goes into work), and his boss will get the ball moving, he figures it won't be but a month or two at the most if BLT can get ready to go that soon!!! His boss told him how much he would be missed, because he's pretty much their most dependable "go to" guy, and they're sorry to see him go, but they'll give him a great reference and make sure they get the transfer all set up when he's ready for it!

He talked to his family, they'll let him stay with them in their spare room for a month or two if need be rather than getting stuck in a lease!

I don't want to get my hopes up. It's still in the planning stages, early baby steps and all that. But there is a part of me that wants him close so bad I can't help but feel that little flutter of excitement in my belly!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that's GREAT! So exciting!!

    (and I'm totally trying not to be jealous!!)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete