Several things lately have kind of shocked the crap out of me...
1. It's so much easier to find people on the internet than one would think. Find a FB page, or a twitter account, an email or even just have someone's personal information and BAM - I suddenly know more about you than you would like. I'm reading your personal thoughts, I'm finding out where you've been and what you've been doing. Considering my X's penchant for cyber stalking this just gives me the creeps.
2. People will say things on line that they would never say in person. People will be ruder, more obnoxious, and in general over-share because they have the anonymity of the internet.
3. I should know this... and honestly, I should know better... But number three is: Liars Lie. They do it over and over. They do it even when they've been caught in the lie. It's their "go to" problem solving skill. It's the way they avoid responsibility and accountability. Don't EVER expect the truth from a liar.
4. Nothing you own is worth what you think it is. Not your house, not your car, not your most prized possessions.
5. I should also know this... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I forget this one often, but damn it's so true. I like to call this the peopleofwalmart.com theory. I actually went to ol' Wally World recently and saw this principle in action.
Anything shock the hell out of you recently?