It's not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to my slightly silly, often odd, and mostly messy life.





Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Two sides to every story...

One of the things I'm working on in therapy is remembering that there are two sides to every story. There are multiple viewpoints. There are past experiences and relationships that influence people's decisions.

It's not easy, because everything from "them" feels like an attack. Everything feel like there are ulterior motives. It's hard to be open minded.

I'm trying... for my kids sake. Not in regards to the X - he's dog meat as far as I'm concerned and crazy dog meat at that. I'm talking about the family - cousins, sister in law, friends etc. I'm trying to be open to hearing their side of things - but it's hard.

Just having these conversations makes me extreamly anxious.

2 comments:

  1. It's perception and it's different for every body. Try taking a simple object, like a piece of fruit, and ask everyone in the room what they think of when they see it. Every person will have a different answer depending on their experience/past history with that fruit. Such is how we are in every experience.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to remember that there are multiple versions to every story. Just remember that your truth is just that - yours.

    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete